Thursday, November 13, 2008

Days 3 & 4: Bath day has been postponed

I know, I know. You've come here expecting a philosophical discussion about the nature of bathing for relaxation versus bathing for hygiene.

And you will get it.

But not today.

Melbourne has experienced two days well into the 30s (degrees Celsius) and the house is like an oven. The last thing I wanted to do yesterday evening was sink into a deep, warm bath.

Instead, a cool sponge bath seemed a very attractive option.

I'm waiting until the cool change comes through before I embark on 'bath day'.

I have however, over the past two days, proven that a thorough and judicious regime of sponge-bathing does not compromise today's hygiene standards. At least, I don't think it does. I haven't heard any complaints.

How do you keep your cool when the weather heads north?

5 comments:

Mary said...

er...

Cold showers.

Anonymous said...

Postponed? Surely a cold bath would be a lovely option after a hot day? Sheesh, glad I'm not in your house at the moment. I've just come back from a walk on a warm humid day and have had my second (quick) shower for they day already. Am Evil Over-user of Water.

Stomper Girl said...

Today would be a good bath day. I've got the cat acting as a hot water bottle as I type (I suspect this is a mutual arrangement) and if he was not warming me I would be seriously tempted to put the heater on. Which is madness after the heat of the last two days. Unusually for me, I showered last night after a very sweaty couple of tap classes, I'd just changed the bedlinen obviously couldn't go to bed in a sweat, now could I...

Dee said...

too keep cool, I sometimes walk around in one of those cheescloth dresses that has been wrung out in water, they dry out and you get a cool breeze as they evaporate, then you wet them again...

Anonymous said...

I live in the oven. The only answer is air conditioning. THAT'S IT! There is nothing else, just air conditioning.