Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Wisdom on Wednesday: William Shakespeare


Is Mr Shakespeare is right? Do we enjoy our holidays all the more because they are a contrast to our regular day-to-day life? This quote suggests that if we spent all year lazing around, taking long walks and enjoying relaxed, quality time with our family and friends, we'd soon bore of that.

Or would we?  I'd like to give it a try.

www.beforeourtime.com will be taking a short break while I lap up some of the holiday spirit. I have a huge pile of books to read, a long list of movies to watch and I'm hoping there will be some of that elusive Melbourne warm weather to relish.

What are your plans for the holiday season?

2 comments:

Nanu said...

Well, I've been doing what the quote says since I retired in 2002 and ain't bored yet. I fact it just gets more and more enjoyable. Of course that could be because it's contrasted with a lifetime's working which was O.K. but not my first choice of activity. Perhaps it's different for people whose work is their first and only passion.

Anonymous said...

I can honestly say that the more time of workyouhave themore interestedin sport and leisure you become, because you can I guess.
Shakespeares work was his creative leisure/freedom so probably from a different perspective than most maybe?